Here are 4 hair growth remedies you can do at home with everyday ingredients
If you are on the fence with using supplements, try these home remedies for hair growth today
Scalp Messaging with Oils
Use your fingers to get your blood vessels pumping in your scalp. Since blood circulation will be improved with messaging, this will stimulate hair growth. Just rub your scalp for about 5 minutes everyday and see how it works for you.
If you want, you can add a beneficial oil such as heated coconut oil, olive oil, or sesame oil. This will clear up the hair shaft and make hair follicles grow easier.
Rosemary can be used for more than just a tasty spice. It can build up stronger hair roots, help grow longer hair, and even get rid dandruff. Rosemary’s antioxidant content directly cause hair growth while its sulfur/silica compound reverses hair loss. As you can see, its a powerful herb that contains many essential oils for hair growth.
- Follow the steps below to correctly use rosemary
- Mix 2-3 drops of rosemary oil with olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil.
- Apply to hair and focus on scalp area. Massage through for 5 minutes.
- Leave for 30-45 minutes and shampoo it out of your hair
This should be done several times a week for optimal results
Protein found in eggs are valuable to the structure of hair. Keratin proteins make up hair. If you provide the building blocks for your hair, you are bound to grow hair. Use the following steps to ensure your hair receives the proteins it needs to grow.
- Remove 2 egg yolks from the whites. Whisk together thoroughly in a bowl.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Apply to scalp for 30-40 minutes and rinse out with shampoo after
- This should be done several times a week for optimal results
Lemons are abundant in essential oils for hair growth. This includes vitamin C, vitamin B-6, thiamin riboflavin, pantothenic acid, magnesium, vitamin B12, and the list goes on. Lemons also contain tons of antioxidants. Lemon acids will make hair smoother and shinier. Use these steps below to take advantage of lemon hair benefits.
- Squeeze out 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Mix with 10 tablespoons of olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- Apply to scalp for 25-30 minutes and rinse out with shampoo
Do this only twice a week as excessive lemon acids can fade hair color
Castor oil contains an abundance of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E. This thick, saturated oil adds hair volume, moisture, and prevents frizzing. This will give you more full and youthful looking hair.
- Mix castor oil with an equal amount of olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, or avocado oil
- Apply to scalp and massage for 5 minutes. Leave in for 45-60 minutes
- Wash out with shampoo
If you want a more powerful result, Jamaican black castor oil for hair growth is what you need. It is made from higher quality, higher potency castor beans which stimulate hair growth.
Do this several times a week. Note that castor oil can be a bit hard to get out from hair so make sure you have a good shampoo!
If these remedies don’t work for you, to read my review on hair growing supplements, click here